Memory Lane

The night you told me
I was beautiful is still ringing my ears.
Who would have thought that
those eyes will meet mine that
your hands will hold mine that
your lips will touch mine.

The walks by the sideways after school hours are
rainbows after storm; short but beautiful.
Your breath fanning my face is
as sweet as the cotton candy we used to share.
That day you called me yours while we're on the highest loop of the roller coaster is
the greatest shout I ever heard;
I swear
that day was the most special.

Who would have thought that your
promise of forever
was as fake as the ring you placed on my finger?
That time, all I did is to laugh with your simple gesture of showing your love.
And simply hope for
a great future ahead of us.

But this time;
Don't expect me to shrug the pain off just like that.

I'm stupid.
I was hurt.
I'm holding on.

I will still run after
you when
you forget to peck a kiss on my cheeks.
I will always be the one who will open the door
for you
when you get home. I will
wake
you up every morning with the smell of sumptuous breakfast that
we would eat together.
I will still wear
the fake ring you gave me co'z it's
true love that matters the most.

Honey, don't expect me to forget you
just like that.
I'm still holding on.
Waiting for the time when
earth and heaven would meet
to continue our journey down
our very own

memory lane.

------

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

GRAMMATICALITY, KINDS AND CASES OF NOUNS, IRREGULAR NOUN

KINDS AND CASES OF PRONOUNS; AND VERBALS

july ten twenty-nineteen