Terribly Missed


Mom, as you lie there on the bed,
please do not hold your breath.
Keep on calling my name.

Please say that you’ll still
teach me how
to cook Dad’s favorite meal.
Please say that you already
know how
to do the braid you want me to wear and that
you’ll tie my hair with pretty pins.

Please
Get up and kiss my cheeks.
Say that I’m beautiful
though they say it’s not real.


Mom, as you lie there
can you be awake?
Look how I prepared ours' and Dad’s
favorite meal.
Look how I can keep my hair short so you
wouldn’t need to braid it.

They say I’m not beautiful but guess what,
I don’t mind it.
Just come back,
be with us.
Leave heaven if you must.

 ---

P.S.

I terribly miss you, Mama!

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

GRAMMATICALITY, KINDS AND CASES OF NOUNS, IRREGULAR NOUN

KINDS AND CASES OF PRONOUNS; AND VERBALS

july ten twenty-nineteen