Bathroom Door

You peek from the inside of the bathroom door
You wandered your eyes to see
who knocked, until you lower down your sight
And saw me, with my milk bottle
now lying on the green rag underneath the door.
You smiled and pinched my nose
You pick me up then carry me inside
Our laughs echoed the bathroom as
we splashed water to each other.
. . .
You peek from the outside of the door as I struggle putting off my pajama
My short legs cannot even reach the lid of the toilet bowl
You laughed and messed up my hair
“Let me carry you up, honey!”
I let you carry me up,
wait for you to leave me but
you stayed, and sing to me instead
A song that you also sang to my sisters every bathroom time.
. . .
You knocked on the door
Twice... thrice … a couple of hurrying knocks
and repeatedly calling my name
You pushed the door and went inside
when I didn’t answer.
I quickly hid the fabric on my back then
heaved a nervous, “Ma…”
. .
You threw me a teasing look then pinched my cheeks.
We talked inside the bathroom as I’m washing the cloth
You told me it’s only normal for girls like me
and I believe you.
You told me to put extra love for myself now that I’m older
and be careful not to fall without looking.
. . .
You knocked on the door
for a hundred times since I went inside.
I’m being wary for you to not hear a single cry
You stopped calling and everything becomes silent.
I felt alone.
Sure, it’s true that heartaches are unbearable.
The door went open.
You stormed inside then hugged me
You simply knew everything co’z you’re my mother
and you knew me by heart.
. . .
Now there are no more knocks on the bathroom door
But I’m here. Again.
But, alone.
If you were still here,
there will be echoes of laughter not sobs.
If you were still here,
I probably wouldn’t be able to carry myself
up
and hanged

my ---.

Mga Komento

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

GRAMMATICALITY, KINDS AND CASES OF NOUNS, IRREGULAR NOUN

KINDS AND CASES OF PRONOUNS; AND VERBALS

july ten twenty-nineteen